JAMMU AND KASHMIR SELF EMPLOYMENT SCHEME
Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme (JKSES) was launched in 1995 to promote entrepreneurship among the educated unemployed youth aged 18-42 of J&K State. In this regard the scheme has implemented in the District, and provide the funds from the District plan, LAHDC, Kargil on account of Margin Money, Capital Subsidy and Interest Subsidy in favour of the entrepreneur who has established their venture for income generating.
- Age 18-42 for qualification in the general category and 5 years relaxation for women and persons belonging for SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman / physically handicapped.
- Holder of at least a middle pass certificate.
- Permanent resident of J&K.
- Candidate should be unemployed and should not have drawn any loan from any bank / financial institutions for setting up of venture of his/her own.
Selection of the candidates:
The selection of the candidates is done by the District Task Force Committee (DTFC), headed by the concerned District Development Commissioner, after inviting application from all the interested eligible persons and interviewing them to assess the technical feasibility and economic viability of the project, the cases of the selected person are then sponsored to the various banks for sanction of loan on their favour. Once the cases are sanctioned, margin money and subsidy in released by the employment department into their accounts. After the units are established, interest subsidy is released periodically into their loan accounts. The candidates selected by the DTFC, can establish their units with the following upper ceiling of project costs.
- For Retail Trade upto Rs 2.00 lacs
- For Industry / Service etc. upto Rs 3.00 lacs
- For Joint Venture (minimum two people) Rs 10.00 lacs.
- The units can be established as per the following pattern:
- Loan from Bank 75 %
- Margin Money 15 %
- Contribution of the candidate 5%
- Capital subsidy 5 % ( Maximum Rs 7500/-)
The entrepreneurs who establish their units are entitled to interest subsidy in the following pattern.
- During first 6 months – @ 100 %
- One year after 6 months – @ 75 %
- Next 6 months – @ 50 %
Margin Money, Capital Subsidy and Interest Subsidy in favour of the entrepreneur who has established their venture for income generating
How To Apply
Application from all the interested eligible persons.View (194 KB)