SELF HELP GROUP OF ENGINEERS
As an alternative to the Govt. jobs, for the unemployed engineers (Degree/Diploma) the State Govt. launched a novel scheme during the year 2003 for providing gainful sources of employment by allotting work contracts to these unemployed engineers in various engineering/developmental related departments of the State. The first meeting in this regard was held on 6-8-03 under the chairmanship of the then Hon’ble Chief Minister where the Administrative heads of various departments participated. The Hon’ble Chief Minister directed the Employment Department to formulate a Self Help Group a comprising of 5 to 10 members. Accordingly the Directorate of Employment devised the following guidelines for formation of Self Help Groups:
- The number of members of each Self-Help Group should not be less than 5 and not more than 10.
- The Self Help Groups should be registered with the Registrar of Firms (Director I&C) as firms.
- Members should necessarily be Diploma Engineer (3 years) or Degree holders.
- None of the members or the group leader should be employed elsewhere.
- The members of the Group should not be listed in more than one Self-Help Group in the same District or some other District.
- All original documents be verified by Officer in-charge personally.
- On the fulfillment of these conditions, the group would be registered as Self- Help Group and an Identity Card issued.
Allotment of work:
The various department / agencies identified for allotment of works to SHG include:
- PWD (R&B) Department
- PWD (Irrigation and Flood Control) Department
- Public Health Engineering Department.
- Power Development Department
- Rural Dev. Department.
How To Apply
Visit employment office with required documents.