VOLUNTARY SERVICE ALLOWANCE
The Voluntary Service Allowance Scheme (VSA) has been launched as a part of “Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for Youth” The objective of the scheme is to provide financial support to eligible educated unemployed youth aged between 26-37 years. In exchange for VSA, beneficiaries may have to render 12 hours of service per week. VSA Support is given for three years, with the expectation that by the end of this period, the beneficiary will have found a suitable employment.
- Educational qualification of matriculate and above.
- Age of 26 years or have not exceeded the age of 37 years on January 1st in the year of application.
- Compulsory registration with District Employment and Counseling Centre.
- Annual House hold income does not exceed 1.50 lacs from all sources.
VSA is distributed by monthly direct Bank deposits depending upon the qualification of the candidate in the following manner:
- Rs 600/- per month for 10th passed
- Rs 650/- per month for 12th passed
- Rs 700/- per month for 12th passed and ITI/other equivalent qualification.
- Rs 850/- per month for 12th passed + professional qualification (3 years from a recognized institution).
- Rs 1000/- per month for Graduates.
- Rs 1200/- per month for Post Graduates and Engineering / Medical Graduates and equivalent in the field of computer science, technology and education.
(An additional Rs 50/- per month is granted to qualifying women candidates).
How To Apply
Visit employment officeView (353 KB)