Chief Medical Officer, Kargil
Post office Kargil .
Health and Family Welfare department Kargil is providing health facilities to the public through out the district since its inception .Besides District Hospital and District T.B.Centre functioning at District H/Q . CHC’s PHC’s are functioning at H/Q Sub Divisions and Blocks of the District. NT PHC ,NT S/C (MAC) and S/C normal /S/C Family Welfare are existing in all and even remotest village of the district .
“To make CHC’s and PHC’s in peripheries more functional and effective ,so that more and more patients get treated there thus necessitating less referrals to District Hospital in particular pregnant ladies and sick new borns .”
The Health and Family Welfare department Kargil is allotted funds under district plan by LAHDC Kargil mainly for purchase of Drugs , fuel for central heating system and infrastructure, ,and district plan is supported by CSS , NRHM by providing human resources (HR),to facilitate health care even upto remotest and snow bound areas in particular ensuring safe delivery of pregnant mothers thus lessening the incidences of maternal and neonete deaths .NRHM has been help full in raising infrastructure equipped with CHS in worlds 2nd coldest place like Drass and remotest block like Zanskar. Under NRHM ,ICU,SNCU, Cancer care facility, Geriatric ward , panel heating system are functioning in DHK.
- Surveillance of diseases in District is being done under IDSP .
- Free and effective DOT, treatment is ensured to TB patients under RNTCP .
- Free cataract surgery camps are conducted in far-off blocks under COB .
- Free treatment of leprosy patient and survey of such patient is being conducted under NLEP.
- Free chemotherapy to cancer patients are being given under NPCDCS.
- Institutional deliveries are encouraged by providing incentives and charge free benefits to pregnant mothers and neonates under JSY JSSK NRHM.
The duties of the Institute involve functioning as:
- To prepare and project plans, implement and monitor work under various scheme .
- To make various IEC activities to make public aware of various Govt. schemes as the charge free schemes for pregnant mothers and sick newborn under NRHM as JSY, JSSK, referral transport, also regarding smoking hazards, adolescent health ,PC PNDT Act. ,free Chemotherapy for cancer patients and Family planning etc .
- Gepe Analysis to make the various schemes under H&FW more effective in interest of patients.
Main activities/ functions
- To Implement various direct patient benefiting and charge free schemes as JSY,JSSK free referral transport for pregnant mothers and neonates in remote, hilly snow bound areas.
- Free chemotherapy for cancer patients .
- Ensure easy availability of facility for sputum exam and X-Ray in all health institutions for diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis and DOTS under RNTCP .
- Enforcement of RBSK scheme under NRHM for early detection and correction of birth defect as to vision and congenital heart disease ,and other physical abnormities in child hood , also distribution of IFA and deworming in the same age group.
- Conduct free Cataract surgeries in old ages in peripheral /remote area under COB . Immunization full coverage against vaccine preventable disease like Hepatitis B,Polio ,TB, , Measles , Tentnous etc. and ensuring availability of Vit.A solution .
- Implement Govt. schemes for upliftment , infrastructure ,District Plan, NRHM,BADP,STF.
- Implement works under local area development funds like, MPLAD ,MLA/MLC’s, CDFs.